You feel that you have nothing to wear? Well, let us show you that you actually do!
Join us on a relaxing evening to learn how to use the sewing machine by transforming one of those pieces from your wardrobe that lost their charm into a new exciting design! Every month we want to offer a new redesign project, so that you can refresh your style by using what you already have.
This month: we turn an old shirt into a fashionable puff sleeve blouse.
You don’t need sewing experience for this class – just curiosity, an interest in fashion & sustainability and an old shirt!
YOU WILL LEARN
- A quick set of sewing machine notions to help you create this project;
- The measurements, cutting and seam opening techniques you will need in all your sewing & upcycling projects;
- How to create elastic closings;
- How to finish the bottom edge of a piece (also knows as “hem”);
- How to make a belt;
- Many others things you will discover in the process.
YOU WILL TAKE HOME
- A simple knowledge of using the sewing machine;
- Useful sewing techniques you need for continuing to upcycle at home;
- Your very first upcycled creation – that no one will be able to tell it was upcycled :).
The class consists of one 4 hours session that can be taken on a Monday evening. Here you can find the available dates & times.
65€/ 4 hours (trims, tools and snacks are included).
Each class has a clear step-by-step structure and a number of maximum 3 participants, in order to be able to spend individual time with each participant and have a complete understanding of the sewing process.
Join our mission by bringing one unused shirt – the bigger the better. If you don’t have one, in our atelier you will also find some second hand shirts that you can purchase for an extra 5 EUR.
BOOK YOUR CLASS
E-mail us your desired date for this class at wiederundwider [at] gmail.com. Here is the complete schedule.
In order to officially reserve your spot, a 50% advance is required, payable through Bank Transfer/Pay Pal. The rest of the amount can be paid in cash, after each class.
When we have more requests for a date than the number of spots available, the first person to make the payment would have priority.