LEARN TO REPAIR AND ADJUST YOUR CLOTHES OR TO USE WHAT YOU NO LONGER WEAR TO CREATE A BAG OR BACKPACK
Sewing level required: basic knowledge of using the sewing machine
Do you feel you have nothing to wear, when in fact your clothes are piled up, waiting to be repaired or repurposed? Then this class is for you.
In 3,5 hours you can repair/alter as much as you can, under the guidance of our sewing trainer or you can choose to create an upcycled bag/backpack.
SO, WHAT CAN YOU MAKE IN THIS CLASS?
- one or several simple repairs (mending, patching, covering stains & holes);
- one or several simple alterations (shortening, lengthening, tightening);
- one simple upcycling project of your own;
- one bag or backpack project using a pattern and design given by us.
When working on repairs & alterations, the rhythm of completing your project/projects depends on factors such as project difficulty, fabric difficulty, skill level. We cannot guarantee all the projects you bring will be finished in the given 3,5 hours session. If you wish to continue where you left off, you can always book a new session.
YOU WILL LEARN
- how to use the sewing machine functions and settings needed for your project;
- how to adjust the machine according to fabric;
- how to plan your process for an easy experience;
- techniques for simple repairs & adjustment;
- simple techniques for upcycling;
- how to create a bag or a backpack (if you choose to work on the upcycling project suggested by us).
NOT RECOMMENDED FOR BEGINNER ADJUSTMENT PROJECTS
- tightening of jeans, winter coats or other pieces from heavy fabrics;
- alterations on clothes from fine, synthetic fabrics (satins, organzas, chiffons, crepes);
- upcycling projects that require complex fitting;
- fitting for pieces that are more than 1-2 sizes bigger.
In doubt about the difficulty of your project? Drop us an email at wiederundwider [at] gmail.com.
A session can be taken on one Monday, Wednesday or Thursday of your choice, between 18:00 – 21:30 (3,5 h). If you wish to repeat the class and work on more projects, you can always book a new session.
Here you can check the available dates.
55 EUR/session (sewing machines, fabrics, tools, patterns and snacks are included). Bring a friend and both of you get 15% off.
Each class has a number of maximum 3 participants, in order to have a complete understanding of the sewing process and to be able to spend individual time with each participant.
Join our mission by bringing your own unused fabrics and clothes if you choose to work on an upcycled bag/backpack. Here are some suggestions. If you don’t find anything to bring, there will also be a selection of fabrics to choose from, free of charge, in our studio. In order to keep our conscience (and the Earth) as clean as possible, we only work with sustainable materials. Here you can find more info.
BOOK YOUR CLASS
To book your class, e-mail us your desired date for this class at wiederundwider [at] gmail.com. Here you can see the complete schedule.
In order to officially reserve your spot, a 50% advance is required, payable through Bank Transfer/Pay Pal. The rest of the amount can be paid in cash, after each class.
When we have more requests for a date then the number of spots available, the first person to make the deposit would have priority.