CREATE YOUR OWN DRESS & LEARN TO USE PATTERNS
Sewing level required: beginner knowledge of using the sewing machine.
Understand the configuration of the body and how it translates into patterns, together with a basic set of clothes making techniques that help you create a dress. You can choose between an A-line and a baggy style kind of dress.
Each class has a number of maximum 2 participants, in order to have a complete understanding of the sewing process and to obtain by the end of the class a finished product.
YOU WILL LEARN
- how to read and understand commercial patterns;
- how to cut fabric correctly and efficiently;
- how to tailor your dress in order to obtain a flattering fit;
- how to work with darts and other elements;
- to work with the most popular techniques for finishing necklines;
- the most common technique for finishing clothes’ bottom (also known as hem);
- many other things you will understand in the process.
YOU WILL TAKE HOME
A ready to wear sustainable dress and the ability to recreate the dress at home with different design adjustments; a deeper understanding of clothes construction in relationship to the body; the clothes making skills to advance towards intermediate types of projects.
On Sunday, between 14:30 – 19:30 (5h).
Here you can check the available dates.
85€ (sewing machines, tools and snacks are included). Bring a friend and you both get 30% off.
Join our mission by bringing your own unused fabrics and clothes. Here are some suggestions.
There is an extra 10€ cost for working with the fabrics provided by us. In order to keep our conscience (and the Earth) as clean as possible, we only work with sustainable materials. Here you can find more info.
BOOK YOUR CLASS
E-mail us your desired date & class at email@example.com. Here you can see the complete schedule.
In order to officially reserve your spot, a 35% deposit is needed, payable through Bank Transfer.