A lot of people have been asking us lately if we also offer our sewing machine for rent and we decided to give it a go: every Monday, from 11:00 – 22:00 you can bring your repair, alteration or upcycling idea and use our space to make it happen.
We’re probably at the moment the only sewing machine rental space by the hour in Berlin.
WHY WOULD YOU RENT A SEWING MACHINE ?
- Maybe you don’t have your sewing machine here in Berlin and you suddenly get an idea that you absolutely definitely have to make (but you don’t want to risk getting a cheap machine from Ebay and you also don’t have much room at home and you also don’t want to buy tools and all that stuff because you don’t know if you are going to use them later);
- Maybe you feel you need a new outfit but you don’t want to go shopping because you already have so many clothes that you can upcycle;
- Maybe you have a pile of clothes you’ve wanted for a long time to alter but never got the time to take them to an Anderungsschneiderei and you would rather do them yourself;
- Maybe your favorite pair of jeans broke and you want to repair it in a cool way;
- Maybe you discovered a super nice dress you bought a long time ago that doesn’t fit you quite like you want anymore and you would like to adapt it so that no one can tell it’s been altered.
TOOLS ARE INCLUDED
The good part is that you rent the sewing machine and you also have access to threads, scissors, measuring tape, rulers, pins, so you don’t need to buy any extra tools (unless your project requires something extremely special).
FABRICS & ACCESSORIES
If inspiration hits you, you can purchase in our studio sustainable fabrics, clothes pieces, bands, straps, belts, closing systems, finishing systems and all sorts of extra materials you need to get the cool out of your idea.
TAILOR TO THE RESCUE
Our tailor will be there in the studio all the time, working on her own projects, which means whenever you get in a situation that you don’t know how to tackle, you can ask for help.
THE MORE YOU STAY, THE LESS YOU PAY
To rent a sewing machine there is a minimum of 2 hours required. The price for 2 hours is 35 EUR. The best part? Only 5 EUR is added to every extra hour you spend. So the more you stay, the less you pay.
You already know how to use the sewing machine, you have an idea you want to work on and a plan on how to realize it.
In order to officially reserve your spot, a 35% deposit is needed, payable through Bank Transfer.
BOOK YOUR SPOT
E-mail us your desired date and time interval at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Freestyle Sewing Monday is destined just for repairs, upcycling and adjustment projects.
To learn how to sew and acquire other necessary skills to get your projects going, join our Introduction to Fabrics & Sewing Basics here.
We encourage you to reuse, repair and upcycle – it’s faster, more fun and better for the world around us. For creating pieces of clothing from scratch, we invite you to take one of the group or private classes.